I would like to use an Adafruit Feather RP2040 with an ancient Kensington 64213 trackball (under Win11). This works nicely for remapping the 4 buttons around the ball. However, the 64213 has 6 additional buttons that I would like to use and, when these are pressed, nothing shows up in the Remapper.
I used Wireshark per the video to capture the USB traffic but unfortunately I don’t know how to interpret it. It looks like 1.14.0 is used to identify the Kensington trackball and then 1.14.1 is used to accept input from it. I pressed buttons as follows: #1 4 times, #2 3 times, #3 2 times, #4 4 times, #5 4 times, #6 2 times. I can’t identify this type of pattern in the result (assuming 1.14.1 is where it would appear). The video suggests sending it to the author but isn’t clear how to do that - pcapng isn’t an allowed file type here.
I used this old Kensington trackball for years but they stopped updating the driver long ago. Their newer trackballs don’t have a regular scroll wheel with a switch nor the 6 buttons so I’ve gone to using a regular mouse but periodically look for an updated 64213 driver - the Remapper is my desperate attempt to get it working in Win11 without an updated driver ![]()